Update #2: Update: Keeping in mind that PBNs still work, they currently have a history of being targeted by Google and likely are not the safest option. This is why we now focus on creating businesses that don’t solely rely on SEO traffic.
Update January 24: Internships through NHM are currently on hold as we focus on link sales. I (Hayden), will likely be doing a money site based internship in partnership with Greg, if you’re interested send an email to [email protected]
This latest internship has been really interesting, and will partially represent the format of future internships going forward. I had a bit of an epiphany and realized that the success of my new venture relies heavily on the value that the interns can provide, and I need to focus on creating value for them and making them successful. As usual my aim is to create win/win scenarios. 21 people applied for the V3 internship, which just finished. There were another handful of people that applied after the internship had started, so we soft-launched an 8 person V3.1 internship with them 2 weeks ago. I’ve got a good system down that Phil and Scott help a great deal with, and everyone seems to be really happy with it.
So, after much deliberation we have decided to start doing rolling internships going forward. We will aim to launch one every month or so. The focus will be on developing out 2 authoritative expired domains that we provide, and using them to back link your own niche sites and/or PBN sites. The internship will include both training and custom in-house tools for building out a site and doing keyword research. Going forward you will have the option to continue receiving links to your sites and continue using the tools in exchange for writing content.
What you’ll learn and do:
- How to develop an expired domain in a way that will retain it’s links, have the ability to link to any topic under the sun, and potentially monetize.
- Do keyword research the right way, using my in-house proprietary tool – the Oracle.
- Write content (10 articles per site).
- Create an established Google+ Author profile and link it to this site.
What’s in it for YOU:
- A structured course on how to develop out an expired domain, implement google+ authorship, do professional keyword research, and link build from a PBN.
- Use of custom in-house keyword research and content management tools.
- Access to a program in which you receive links from my personal network in exchange for content.
- You’ll meet a bunch of skilled and fun peers with whom you can trade ideas, share subscriptions and costs, and work on ventures together.
- Anyone who completes the internship will be offered a couple of sweet/valuable options going forward, depending on where their interests lie. I’ve partnered with a number of interns (in each internship) on a new project. To date I have 8 projects (and growing!) on the go, that are 50/50 ventures with interns.
What’s in it for ME:
- The sites are improved so I can link build from them.
- Content for my own content farm.
- The opportunity to potentially work together in the future.
What does this require from YOU?
About 50-80 hours of work in a 30 day period, mostly writing and likely $0. You may want to pay a graphic designer for a logo or an infographic to link build if you don’t have talent with photoshop.
There will be a $500 REFUNDABLE application fee. This is so only serious and committed people apply. After the 30 days I will refund the $500. I am not an asshole, if something happens that means you can’ t put in the hours I will refund the money.
Do NOT apply if:
- You do not agree with everything in my SEO Mindset post.
- You are very risk adverse, and take money very personally. This is a risky business and if the sites end up making nothing this should not depress or enrage you. As mentioned in the SEO Mindset, this is a high risk, high reward game. I only want people who are aware of that, and still see the value in these tools and my training.
- You cannot put in at least 40 hours per month. I want people to get value out of this, and I want it to work. If you can’t put in 40 hours in 30 days, then this is not a good option for you or for me.
- You are not willing to share your results with a group. Sharing is caring – if you are possessive with knowledge then this is not for you.
- You are not willing to “Pay it Forward” in the future. If this works out well, I would like to be able to scale it and help a larger amount of people, just as the current post-grads are doing. Of course you will receive huge benefits for doing this, and it will definitely be worth your while.
- You do not have complete, 100% fluency in English.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is not currently employed full-time.
- Has an existing Adsense account and has made some money previously.
- Has some experience with Google+
- Has read most of the material on the blog
- Is comfortable with writing a sales email or making a sales phone call, and has some sales experience.
- Has their own network of sites in need of link love.
If you don’t have all the above qualities, no biggie. These are not pre-requisites, but rather attention-grabbing perks.
How to Apply & Course Start Date
Email Phil at phil AT nohatmedia DOT com with the subject: NoHatSEO Internships Going Forward. Have a well organized email that starts with a bit of your background and then addresses all of the points in this post (esp. the DO NOT APPLY and Ideal Candidates), and then includes any questions/concerns at the end.
Finally, feel free to check out this testimonial from one of the recent interns, Mike Przybylski !